Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cote D'Or: Noir Noisettes / Puur Hazelnoten

Since I took French, I know "noir noisettes" means black hazelnuts.  Something must get lost in translation.  Noir probably also means dark chocolate. In any case, let's get to unwrapping this bad boy from Amsterdam.

Inside the little box...
And, it's time to undress.  Don't fight it. You'll just get all dented.
These little elephants taste pretty good.  The chocolate didn't seem to have the snap that is characteristic of high quality chocolate, but the hazelnuts were fairly crunchy and the chocolate didn't leave an aftertaste, which is always good. 

Who am I kidding? I eat Twix bars and Kit Kats.  That said, don't look for an aftertaste after eating Hershey bars or they will be ruined for you forever.  Thanks a lot, Scharffen Berger factory tour / tasting.  I hope you're proud of yourself.  Also, I miss you terribly, and I think Hershey's is puur evil for shutting down your wonderful Berkeley factory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment